To continue to serve our customers the best way we can we have added the new Sound Devices 833 12 Channel Mixer/Recorder. Along with the SL2 wireless docking station that provides RF distribution and power to everything. This very compact powerful set up gives us the lightest and most flexible system for the many different types of shoots we work on
After being a Sound mixer for close to 20 years I have used many different brand and types of headphones. The classic recommended headphone for years has been the Sony MDR 7506 but I have never been of fan of them due to comfort and tonal quality. For cart based work and non fast pace bag work. I have become a real fan of the Audio Technica M-50 X Headphones for comfort , accurate sound reproduction and durability. One of the other positive attributes of the M-50 is the cable is user replaceable and comes with a straight/ coiled option depending upon what your doing. At a price point of under $150.00 they are also still cheap enough if you lose them its still going to be ok. So if your looking for a new set of headphones check them out from your favorite audio retailer.
In business since 2001 with equipment packages for any type of production. If you need quality location sound in Augusta GA please contact us at 561.212.1443 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I think wireless camera links are the best advance in technology to happen to the location sound mixer because it gives you the freedom to do your job the best way you can, I have rarely had an issue with my zaxcom system but here is a list of things to do before shooting and a list of possible problems you may run into:
1. Make sure your camera man is always listening to the wireless feed via his camera headphone jack since you have no way of knowing what it sounds like.
2. Make sure all attennas and power cables are secure to the unit. The only issues I have ever had it a lose power cable or attenna.
3. Make sure the unit is secure in a saddle bag or BEC box. I have mine wrapped in velcro, which keeps them extra tight in the saddle bag or BEC box.
4. Have extra cables and attennas in case something breaks.
PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS:
1. Unit will not power on: Check power cables are tight by removing them and reinserting them. Check batteries if your using them. Check Power Switch.
2. Unit is on but Camera Op hears no audio: Check headphone volume knob on camera, check transmitter in your audio bag, make sure camera is set up to recieve audio correctly.
3. Poor Range: Check to make sure tx and rx attennas are tight and secure, Make sure they are in good condition. Scan for new clear frequency.
With these simple tips and tricks your Zaxcom should preform well for you and make your job much easier.