In business since 2001 with equipment packages for any type of production. If you need quality location sound in Augusta GA please contact us at 561.212.1443 or email@example.com
Over my 17 year career I have used many types of headphones and by far my favorite is the newer ATH-M50X. They are very comfortable for those who wear and don’t wear glasses, and my favorite part a user replaceable cable. This allows you to swap between a straight cable or coiled cable depending upon what application you using them in. I also had another shorter straight cable made as well. I have been very happy with the headphones and use them for most situation estimated retail price is around $170.00 so check them out. They are far more comfortable them the classic Sony 7506.
Welcome to our new website which will have more frequent blog posts and thoughts from Sound Mixer Savannah GA and Charleston SC Whitney Ince
I think wireless camera links are the best advance in technology to happen to the location sound mixer because it gives you the freedom to do your job the best way you can, I have rarely had an issue with my zaxcom system but here is a list of things to do before shooting and a list of possible problems you may run into:
1. Make sure your camera man is always listening to the wireless feed via his camera headphone jack since you have no way of knowing what it sounds like.
2. Make sure all attennas and power cables are secure to the unit. The only issues I have ever had it a lose power cable or attenna.
3. Make sure the unit is secure in a saddle bag or BEC box. I have mine wrapped in velcro, which keeps them extra tight in the saddle bag or BEC box.
4. Have extra cables and attennas in case something breaks.
PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS:
1. Unit will not power on: Check power cables are tight by removing them and reinserting them. Check batteries if your using them. Check Power Switch.
2. Unit is on but Camera Op hears no audio: Check headphone volume knob on camera, check transmitter in your audio bag, make sure camera is set up to recieve audio correctly.
3. Poor Range: Check to make sure tx and rx attennas are tight and secure, Make sure they are in good condition. Scan for new clear frequency.
With these simple tips and tricks your Zaxcom should preform well for you and make your job much easier.