New Sound Truck Nissan NV-200 Van

The Nissan NV-200 is Nissans answer to the Ford Transit Connect and smaller option then the Dodge Ram Pro Master. The Nv-200 was also first to the market in late 2013. I took delivery of mine two weeks ago and have already driven it about 1000 miles. Below are my impressions.
Performance and Passenger Cabin
The NV-200 is a 4 Cylinder 131Hp powered van  this is the only engine option I had concerns that it might be under powered however I am happy to report while fully loaded with pretty much everything I own including a Rubbermaid follow cart, Loaded PSC Vertical sound cart, Rock N roller eng cart, 100lbs of shot bags and other assorted gack I had no issues on my 600 miles trip this past week and found the van to be fast enough for my needs and very easy to drive. It drives more like large SUV then a van and had no issues going anywhere I needed to go including a tight parking garage and a very narrow alley. I also averaged between 24-25MPG on the trip while fully loaded which exceeded my expectations and is important as getting full mileage in the ENG world is very rare.
The Passenger Cabin feel more like a SUV then a commercial van. The seats, trim and controls are all very comfortable. I bought the technology package that includes XM, Blue Tooth, Nav, back up camera and Cruise Control which are all working as advertised. There are plenty of storage bins and spots to put everything I need close by. It is a very comfortable ride for larger passengers as well I am 6’4 and 300lbs I find it to be very spacious so if you’re a smaller framed person you will have a ton of room.
Cargo Area
The Cargo area is well laid out as well with 6 built in tie downs dual sliding side doors and 180 degree rear doors it is easy to get to all your gear. I can access all the items on my follow cart from drivers side sliding door and my Rock N Roller ENG cart from passenger side. The floor comes standard with a rubber mat which seems to do a good job at keeping the ride quiet. It also came with a wire mesh bulkhead included for security and to protect you from your gear. The rear door is only 19.5 in off the ground so lifting things in or in my case using a ramp is easy.
I think this van is a good price point and fit for any sound mixer who works the kind of jobs I do. I do 50% corporate/commercial 35% reality/eng and 15% union features and commercials. It is the perfect size for 85% of my work and I can make it work for the other 15%. I still have a personal car but could easily have this van as my every day driver if I needed to.
Overall I am very happy with my purchase so far and look forward to driving this van for the next 10-12 years. If any has any questions I am happy to answer them.

The Nissan NV-200 is Nissans answer to the Ford Transit Connect and smaller option then the Dodge Ram Pro Master. The Nv-200 was also first to the market in late 2013. I took delivery of mine two weeks ago and have already driven it about 1000 miles. Below are my impressions.

Performance and Passenger Cabin

The NV-200 is a 4 Cylinder 131Hp powered van this is the only engine option I had concerns that it might be under powered however I am happy to report while fully loaded with pretty much everything I own including a Rubbermaid follow cart, Loaded PSC Vertical sound cart, Rock N roller eng cart, 100lbs of shot bags and other assorted gack I had no issues on my 600 miles trip this past week and found the van to be fast enough for my needs and very easy to drive. It drives more like large SUV then a van and had no issues going anywhere I needed to go including a tight parking garage and a very narrow alley. I also averaged between 24-25MPG on the trip while fully loaded which exceeded my expectations and is important as getting full mileage in the ENG world is very rare.

The Passenger Cabin feel more like a SUV then a commercial van. The seats, trim and controls are all very comfortable. I bought the technology package that includes XM, Blue Tooth, Nav, back up camera and Cruise Control which are all working as advertised. There are plenty of storage bins and spots to put everything I need close by. It is a very comfortable ride for larger passengers as well I am 6’4 and 300lbs I find it to be very spacious so if you’re a smaller framed person you will have a ton of room.

Cargo Area

The Cargo area is well laid out as well with 6 built in tie downs dual sliding side doors and 180 degree rear doors it is easy to get to all your gear. I can access all the items on my follow cart from drivers side sliding door and my Rock N Roller ENG cart from passenger side. The floor comes standard with a rubber mat which seems to do a good job at keeping the ride quiet. It also came with a wire mesh bulkhead included for security and to protect you from your gear. The rear door is only 19.5 in off the ground so lifting things in or in my case using a ramp is easy.

I think this van is a good price point and fit for any sound mixer who works the kind of jobs I do. I do 50% corporate/commercial 35% reality/eng and 15% union features and commercials. It is the perfect size for 85% of my work and I can make it work for the other 15%. I still have a personal car but could easily have this van as my every day driver if I needed to.


/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:””;
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-language:JA;}

Overall I am very happy with my purchase so far and look forward to driving this van for the next 10-12 years. If any has any questions I am happy to answer them.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s